Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Summer Canning has begun!

Canning on the homestead has begun with a vengeance. Mr. Farmer picked green beans for me yesterday and I have been canning since. So far this season I have completed 55 quarts of green beans, 10 pints of strawberry jam and 6 pints of pineapple jam.

I have a 1/2 bushel of squash waiting on me. I plan on freezing both the yellow squash and zucchini. That is my next project to begin today but I needed a little breather.



Mr. Farmer has been extremely busy lately. Besides caring for the pigs, chickens and once in a while my goats. He has been gardening and putting up the siding on our home. Our home has been kindly named the chicken house by Mr.Farmer's friend/helper. I love the board and batten they are putting up.


That is the kitchen side window that overlooks my goat yard. My favorite view! Now Mr. Farmer and friend is working on the other side of the home. I actually may be closed in for winter this year. Such a blessing!

Well that is all the news from the homestead. I am going to pick some fresh basil and jalapeno peppers before I attack my squash.

Blessings from Bountiful Homestead!
 




2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of beans! The siding is looking very good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enough for my year. Seems like alot until I do not need to buy any at the grocery store. Thanks Larry!

    ReplyDelete