Saturday, April 13, 2013

Happenings


Here is one brave little piggy. Momma Lucille was not all that pleased with her little one coming toward me and seeing what I am all about. Lucille kept grunting at her trying to get her to listen and I kept reassuring Lucille I would not hurt her babies. I was able to take a pretty decent picture of this little girl.
 
Isn't she adorable? Yesterday I went down to the barn for my daily visit and the piglets were in a pig pile in the shade outside the barn. So Cute! They were all piled up taking a nap and the runt was on top of them all. When Lucille saw that I was coming she went over to protect her babies. This is her usual response, a very protective momma.
 
Last post I mentioned I wanted to make a wreath for my bathroom out of some vines along the road. Well I went down to take a picture. Those vines have thorns so I guess I will have to search for some other vines.
 
Friday night dinners tend to be easy dinners. We love pizza and living on the mountain there is no delivery service that we were use to having. So I learned how to make a wonderful pizza. Now bought pizza does not even compare. We would chose homemade over bought hands down.
 
Half is green pepper that we preserved from last summer and half was pepperoni and ground sausage. For the sauce I use the spaghetti sauce we canned from last summers garden. I tried making cheese once here on the homestead and it did not turn out so you can imagine that is a project I will be working on this year until I am successful. :D The crust is homemade also. Here is the basic recipe, you can switch out flour type if you want. Sometimes I make whole wheat from wheat I grind and sometimes I use white flour and other times I use half wheat and half white , which is the best.
 
Pizza Dough
 
3 1/4 cups flour
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon Safe yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup warm water
1/2 teaspoon sugar.
 
Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
Dissolve yeast in water and add sugar.
In large bowel add all dry ingredients together.
Mix liquids and dry ingredients.
Knead for approximately 3 minutes
Cove bowl with plastic wrap and allow to rise until double. (approx. 40 minutes)
Punch down, form ball
Sprinkle pizza pan with cornmeal.
Place dough on pan and press out or roll out for form crust.
Let rise about 15 minutes.
Add sauce, cheese and toppings.
Bake approximately 20 minutes. I always check it at 10 minutes and it is usually done at that time.
 
 
Many Blessings on this beautiful spring day!


No comments:

Post a Comment