Thursday, April 11, 2013

Cookin'


I love to cook but in recent years I have lost my creativity in cooking. Even though it is springtime here on the homestead I love experimenting with new recipes. I never seem to follow a recipe exactly but make my changes as I go.

I mad a delicious Creamy Chicken and Gnocchi Soup yesterday. I will share to basic recipe here and feel free to change it around as you feel necessary. Boy was it great served along with tomato cumumber and cabbage salad and fresh homemade dinner rolls.
It takes less than an hour to make if you  begin with leftover cokked chicken or buy alread cooked chicken.

Creamy Chicken & Gnocchi Soup
 
1 tablespoon olives oil
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons flour
1 quart half and half
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1 cup finely chopped onion
2 minced garlic gloves
2 (14 ounce) cans of chicken broth
1 cup finely shredded carrots
1 cup cooked and diced chicken breast
1 package gnocchi, cooked
2 cups coarsly chopped fresh spinach
1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon parlesy
 
I made several substitutions due to what I had on hand and it was still wonderful.
Fiest make a rue with olive oil, butter and flour. Then I just added everything else and simmered for a brief 15 minutes while my rolls were baking. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment